Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding is a learned skill. Sometimes it may take a few weeks for you and your baby to find what works for you. As a Certified Breastfeeding Counselor:
- I assist with early breastfeeding management by helping you find the best breastfeeding positions (for you and your baby) and establishing a great latch.
- I can teach you how to observe baby's swallowing and tell the difference between a nutritive suck (baby is eating) and non-nutritive (comfort sucking).
- I can also help you care for cracked and sore nipples and discuss ways to prevent this from happening again.
- Discuss how to increase milk supply
- Review what may be inhibiting milk supply
- Teach you how to use your breast pump and store breastmilk
What I don't do:
- Diagnose tongue and lip-tie (lactation consultants, pediatricians, ENT doctors do this) or any other abnormal medical conditions related to lactation
- Prescribe medications
Each lactation support session can last up to two hours. Cost for each session is $150. Please use the contact form on the Contact Us page to schedule a visit or if you have any questions.